2016 Mercury Verado® Six-Cylinder 250 HP - 25 in. Shaft
Call for Price
Almars Outboards Inc.
Verado® Six-Cylinder 250 HP - 25 in. Shaft
Outrageous Power. Refined Experience.
A perfect balance of performance, fuel economy and driving experience.
- Geared Right: The ultra-robust 5.44-inch-diameter gearcase is built for offshore seas and provides extra lift for longer, heavier center consoles and walkarounds.
- World-Class Design: Our long-bolt design anchors the block and cylinder head to the bedplate and eliminates the effects of expansion and contraction. An exclusive oil cooler maintains optimal oil temperature to extend the life of the engine. In addition, the Verado valve train is maintenance-free for the life of the engine
- Joystick Piloting for Outboards: With a simple push or twist of a joystick it’s possible to maneuver a boat in virtually any direction – sideways, diagonally or spinning the boat on its axis. Control dual, triple or quad Verado 250hp outboards, even in challenging wind and current conditions. This system integrates seamlessly with SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) and electro-hydraulic power steering, while standard integrated autopilot provides Auto Heading and Waypoint Sequencing. Also available with Skyhook®, a digital GPS positioning system which can hold a boat in position while fishing or waiting for bridges to open.
- Smoothest, quietest: The inherently balanced in-line six-cylinder engine and our Advanced Mid Section (AMS) with perimeter mounts virtually eliminate vibration in the boat. Perfect for sneaking up on fish or cruising on luxury pontoons.
- Driving Experience: SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift provides smooth, instantaneous, predictable and quiet shifting, as well as ultra-responsive throttle control, while true Power Steering (standard on six-cylinder models) delivers precision steering without undesirable steering torque. Mercury “shadow technology” eliminates the hassle of grappling with multiple engine levers when running with triple or quadruple outboards. Shadow mode controls up to four engines with just two levers from as many as two helm stations.
- Power: The instant boost of an intercooled supercharged system delivers tremendous hole shot, unrivaled mid-range punch and excellent top speed.
- HP / kW: 250 / 186
- Engine type: Inline 6
- Displacement (L): 2.6
- Full throttle RPM: 5800-6400
- Air induction: Supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control
- Fuel induction system: Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 25W-40
- Engine protection operator warning system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting: Smart Start Electric
- Controls: SmartCraft Digital
- Steering: Electro-hydraulic power steering
- Shaft length: 25 in. / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 1.85:1
- Dry Weight: 647 lb. / 293 kg
- CARB star rating: 2
- Gearcase options: 5.44 in.
- Counter rotation: Available
- Color: Phantom Black
NOTES:Dry weight based on lightest model available.
- Engine Type
- Inline 6
- 2.6 L
- Smart Start Electric
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 647 lb. (293 kg)
- Shaft Rotation
- Counter rotation available
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 250 hp (186 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5800-6400 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Fuel Induction
- Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control
- Electro-hydraulic power steering
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited